By reserving a moment of the day to reconnect with God and through this list of prayers we can find inspiration that will help us to connect with the Lord and the Holy Spirit before undertaking our daily rest.
1) “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” Colossians 4:2
O Most Holy Creator, through this humble prayer I want to thank you for your noble heart and your infinite kindness in all that I have: Time, to be with those I love; health, for that time to be lasting; and love, for all those who are around me.
But more importantly, I am grateful for having found you, having met you, and for your invitation to travel on your path so that I may join your ranks and through it tell the whole world about the good news.
2) “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” Matthew 6:14-15
Accept my prayer, oh Lord, I am your humble servant, I am your son who wishes to find a way to forgive those who offend me, to put aside my pride and to strip myself of all selfishness so that I may forgive from my heart and live through your example, read your holy word, put it into practice every day of my life.
3) “Lo, sons are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the sons of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” Psalms 127:3-5
Almighty God, I want take this moment to thank you for the beautiful family you have blessed me with, for all the health and joy with which you fill us day by day, for the perfect harmony that we receive living through your word, and for the ability to teach by the example of the most perfect Teacher.
4) “What is man, that thou dost make so much of him, and that thou dost set thy mind upon him, dost visit him every morning, and test him every moment?” Job 7:17-18
Give me, oh Great Father, the temperance to face the tests that you constantly give us, those that anoint my spirit with the oil of patience, the same ones that build the foundations of my Faith.
Cover my eyes with your mantle, so that I may have clarity of sight when it comes to avoiding the stumbling blocks that may appear on my way to you.
5) “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
Today I want, once again, to present myself before you and surrender myself completely, so that you can make me an instrument of your peace, to be your spokesperson and take your word with me wherever I go.
To be a living example of your unconditional love, an example that you never abandon your children, especially those who are furthest away from you. Oh Lord, here is your most faithful servant.